Labels

Wednesday 4 December 2013

OUGD405 - Studio Brief 1 - Frames (Photoshop) 3

Typeface

It is important that I choose an appropriate typeface for my frame which fits the brand selling it. Laura Ashley photo frames are more expensive than other brands that I have looked at such as Ikea and Wilko and this can be seen in the typeface used. Laura Ashley use a light serif typeface which communicates sophistication and elegance. I found it interesting that they chose not to use a stock image for the backing paper as this doesn't restrict what photos the frame can be used with. It also fits in with their minimal and sophisticated approach.      




Most of their frames are decorative and use a cream/off white colour pallet. The layout of the information in the frames is minimal and the text is spread out across the space with only the key information so it isn't overcrowded. 


Above is the banner from their website which uses a calm and modest pastel blue combined with a formal black type. 

I have selected a couple which I think are appropriate to use based on the previous information I have gathered that I think would fit into Laura Ashley's branding. 


Clas Ohlson use a sans-serif bold typeface for their brand (Helvetica Bold) which matches their frames. If I were designing a backing photo specifically for their company I would definantly stick to fonts in the Helvetica family and use different sizes and weights depending to the information. I would like to include colour into the photos that matches the colours used in the rest of their brand. 




      
      

No comments:

Post a Comment